The Let Freedom Ring pattern uses a freezer paper, turned edge appliqué technique. The appliqué on our sample quilt was done by machine using a small blanket stitch. You may choose other methods like fusible web or needle turn by hand. The templates are already reversed and are Scan N Cut friendly. We’ve included basic written instructions in this pattern but if you are fairly new to this method of appliqué, there are many video tutorials available on Youtube that give great demonstrations, or if you need to just brush up on your skills.
Our sample quilt was made with Primitive Gatherings "Liberty Gathering" collection for Moda Fabrics. Sample yardage generously supplied by Moda.
Add this pattern to Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!
This pattern is a PDF download, no product will be shipped.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 96.85 x 96.85 inch finished quilt.
- Fabric, batting and backing requirements included in pattern along with a color fabric guide.
You Will Also Need:
- Matching thread for seams and appliqué, navy, red, tan, off white.
- Embroidery Floss, black for eyes, dark red for tail feathers. Embroidery hoop and needle.
- Freezer paper, spray starch and brush, container with lid, fabric appliqué glue, water soluble quilt marker, scissors. Clover mini iron or regular iron, ironing board.
Recommended Tools: Rotary cutter, mat and ruler. Pressing cloth and tear away stabilizer.
You will have the ability to download this product 3 times only. Please make sure you save a copy to your computer.
Due to the nature of this product, downloadable patterns are not subject to a refund.
©2017 The Quilt Factory/Debra Grogan. All rights reserved. This pattern may not be reproduced or shared. Pattern may be used by one person for personal use or to make finished goods for charities, sale in retail and on-line shops or craft fairs, but may not be mass produced. We have made every attempt to provide you with accurate information, if you have any questions please email us at: Deb@thequiltfactory.com